If you’re a food lover with an Instagram, chances are you follow @infatuation. If you don’t follow them yet, you’ve probably seen their famous hashtag #EEEEEATS floating around on social media, most likely linked to a photo of a burger with a dripping egg on it, or some similar food pornography. The Infatuation is one of the leaders in today’s food scene, best known for its hilarious restaurant reviews and social media domination. They pretty much pioneered the Instagram food craze five years ago, and continued their trendsetting by throwing the first ever food festival. EEEEEATSCON was a day dedicated to all things delicious, showcasing some of LA’s best eats and featuring panels with famous chefs and other innovators in the food world.
We sampled pretty much every food they had on site (it’s a tough job, but someone’s gotta do it!) and picked our favorites.
1. Chicken Tikka Masala Tots – “You gonna eat your tots?” Famous Indian restaurant Badmaash took their popular Chicken Tikka Poutine and gave it a tater tot upgrade for EEEEEATSCON. Napoleon Dynamite would be proud.
2. Brisket Sandwich – Dare I say the best BBQ in LA? Maple Block Meat Co. took some hearty slabs of meat, doused them in a delicious chimichurri sauce, and tucked them in a fluffy bun ready for devouring.
3. Veggie Tacos – It wouldn’t be an LA food fest without some street tacos. Salazar’s veggie variation provided a healthier option, while still being totally delicious.
4. Bagel and Lox – Fine, fresh, fierce they’ve got it on lox. Yeastie Boys’ bagels were loxed and loaded with housemade cream cheese, onions, and capers.
5. The Humm Dog – Daniel Humm, chef of Eleven Madison Park (#1 on the World’s 50 Best Restaurant list) created a bacon-wrapped, black truffle mayo-smothered hot dog for the NoMad Truck. Fanciest food truck food ever? That’s so LA.
6. Spring Pea Pizza – Sweet pea, apple of our eye… This NY pizza joint is famous for its clam pie, but Pasquale Jones’ seasonal ‘za was a crowd favorite at EEEEEATSCON.
7. Shackburger – Last but not least… we’re so happy Shake Shack is in LA now. (But don’t worry, In-N- Out – we still love you too!)
Did you attend EEEEEATSCON? Leave a comment below and tell us what your favorite dish was.